Monday, October 1, 2012

Midterm Study Strategy

1.) I will definitely need my vocabulary lists as well as my text book for reading up on the stories that we covered in class in case I have forgotten anything. I will also look more into Beowulf to make sure that I fully grasp the whole genre of epics and that one in depth.

2.) I will be collaborating with several people in my class but the main few will probably be Justin Thompson and Joshua Ng.

3.) Monday: Find all the materials that will be needed for studying the rest of the week and set up your agenda.

Tuesday: Study vocab lists 1-3 and have them memorized and use them in everyday conversations.

Wednesday: Study vocab lists 4-7 and do the same as the other ones.

Thursday: Read the stories that you didn't read out of the textbook and make sure that you understand them well enough to answer relatively in depth questions on its contents.

Friday: You have a soccer game so take the day off.

2 comments:

  1. I like the last day's scheduled. I didn't even think about studying the book and realize I should probably do that. Thanks. Nice and organized with good spacing making the information easier to find. I'd add some more mechanical tips to studying like using flash cards or saying the words verbally. I think the new text is easier to read btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second Justin's points. Also, I could be wrong here, but wasn't the midterm specifically for vocabulary? I though the point Preston was making was that it was a focused test so we would go in knowing exactly what will be tested. I may have just completely missed the point though.

      Delete